Anker and RAVPower both make some of the best portable chargers available. But which one is right for your needs? Today, we are going to help you determine just that. We have reviewed the top power banks to make your quest for the best portable charger a whole lot easier.
Which Is Better: RAVPower or Anker?
Anker has positioned themselves as the leading brand among portable power banks. When looking at Anker vs RAVPower, one must consider features and warranty. While RAVPower is certainly a highly capable manufacturer, Anker beats them when it comes to backing their respective power bank chargers.
RAVPower includes 12 months of protection against manufacturer defects, while Anker delivers an impressive 18 month of protection. With that being said, if RAVPower produces the better product, does warranty really matter?
To determine this, we need to take a closer look at each of their top products in the battle of RAVPower vs Anker. In the end, you might be surprised to learn who came out victorious.
Is RAVPower a Good Brand?
Without question. RAVPower makes some of the very best portable charger devices on the market today. And as you will see in a moment, they certainly give Anker a proverbial run for their money. Thanks to an extensive line of power banks, RAVPower provides for a wealth of needs among their consumer base.
Who Makes RAVPower?
RAVPower is among several product lines under the Sunvalley Group company. Based out of Shenzhen, China, Sunvalley Group has many subsidiaries around the world. As such, they have a nicely sized footprint that branches out through the consumer market.
Is Anker a Reliable Brand?
Anker is one of the most trusted brands in the electronics industry. Their charging technology is a big hit among consumers, delivering a wide range of charging devices for all kinds of gadgets. When you look at them vs RAVPower, it’s clear that Anker is the more established brand.
Although RAVPower has technically been around longer (by 4 years), Anker has since dominated the power bank market. As you will learn momentarily, Anker’s top-of-the-line power banks give them a fighting edge over their competition.
1. Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 – Best Overall Option
The Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 is an excellent performer all around. Its slim and compact size make it a breeze to carry with you. It’s perfect for travel, as it doesn’t take up much room, and it provides plenty of power for most of your charging needs.
Both standard USB and USB-C are available, making it easy to charge up newer devices. We like this portable charger due to its smart charging capabilities and solid construction. Anker once again delivers a winner here thanks to a user-friendly design and excellent performance.
If you use a smartphone and/or tablet throughout the day, the PowerCore Slim 10000 is perfect for your needs. It charges up quickly, allowing you to get the most use out of your favorite electronic devices.
You can use either standard micro USB or the newer USB-C to recharge the PowerCore Slim 10000. Keep in mind that USB-C will always charge up the power bank more quickly. Still, it’s nice to have both options if you don’t have access to a USB-C charging cable.
Thanks to Quick Charge (with USB-C), you can look forward to your devices charging up considerably faster than using standard USB. This is ideal for those of you who rely on your electronic devices for work. Keeping the PowerCore Slim 10000 by your side ensures that you’ll have plenty of juice throughout the day.
- USB/USB-C – Having access to both USB types ensures that you are investing in a highly versatile power bank. You don’t have to worry about special adapters like you find on some other brands.
- Quick Charge – We all know how aggravating it can be to have to wait on your smartphone or tablet to recharge. Thankfully, Anker’s PowerCore Slim 10000 comes equipped with Quick Charge technology, allowing you to top off your favorite device in record time. Keep in mind that this feature only works on certain devices.
- LED Indicator – We like knowing how much battery life is left on our power banks. Anker understands the importance of this, so they included a handy LED wheel that constantly displays the power bank’s remaining battery life. This is especially useful during travel.
- Cords Not Included – Back in the day, it was “batteries not included”. In the modern era, it’s the cords you have to worry about. Thankfully, most of us are sitting on more cords than we can handle. Micro-USB shouldn’t be an issue for most people, but you might need to spring for USB-C.
2. RAVPower 30000mAh Power Bank – Upgrade Option
Now this is one beast of a power bank. With 30000mAh under the hood, you’re getting enough power to charge up a laptop or gaming system. In fact, we had no trouble providing power to our Nintendo Switch during testing.
With this RAVPower power bank, you get access to two smart USB-A ports, a USB-C port with Power Delivery, and a handy wall charger outlet! If you need portable power, this is the charger for you.
We absolutely love the inclusion of a wall charger outlet. You don’t often see this on power banks, so we give credit to RAVPower for including this excellent feature.
You can still plug in all of your micro-USB devices using the standard USB ports. And if you’re using a newer device that uses USB-C, RAVPower has you covered. This is easily our favorite RAVPower power bank, but be warned; it is a bit pricey.
It’s almost 4 times as much as what you’d pay for a typical power bank. Still, you have to consider all of the handy features you’re getting in return. Think about the times you’ve been away from home and needed an actual wall charger. With the RAVPower 30000mAh Power Bank, you get the ultimate in convenience.
- Connectivity – RAVPower loads you down with connectivity options. Every kind of port you could possibly need (within reason) is here for the taking. For vacationers, this power bank is a must-have.
- 30000mAh – With this kind of capacity, you can charge up all kinds of electronic devices. Smartphones? Check. Tablets? Check. USB-C game consoles? Check. Laptops? Check. But it doesn’t end there. You can now power up your electric shaver if you want to, and a whole lot more.
- Fast Recharging – Thanks to RAVPower’s fast charging tech, you can recharge your devices 2 and a half times faster than if you were using a standard power bank. Less waiting around means more time to use your gadgets.
- Expensive – You’re going to pay for the added convenience, but for many, it’s more than worth it. You get features that you simply can’t get on lesser power banks.
3. Anker PowerCore 5000 – Value Option
This budget-friendly power bank is ideal for travel. Its small, cylindrical shape makes the perfect companion for biking, hiking, running, or walking. And at less than 5 ounces, you’ll barely notice it’s on you.
You get instant access to both USB-A and micro-USB. With 5000mAh at the ready, it’s ideal for periodically charging up your smartphone. You likely won’t want to use the PowerCore 5000 on much else, as it’s pretty under-powered compared to the other entries we reviewed.
But for charging your smartphone up throughout the day? No problem. It’s an excellent little unit that does exactly what it’s designed to do. You will need to provide your own USB-C and micro-USB charging cables, but other than that, this is an excellent buy.
You’ll likely have to charge this little guy up every night, as its capacity doesn’t offer the range of higher-end power banks. Just charge it up next to your smartphone and you’ll be in good shape for the following day.
- Compact – We love now perfectly-compact this power bank is. It’s easy to slip into your bag while you’re out and about. You can even carry it in your pocket without getting in the way.
- PowerIQ – This handy technology allows you to charge up your devices quickly and efficiently. While it doesn’t support Quick Charge, we found PowerIQ to provide acceptable charging times.
- Budget-Friendly – We also love the price of the PowerCore 5000. It’s one of the more affordable power banks available, and it performs really well, to boot.
- 5000mAh – You don’t get much power compared to higher-end models, but 5000mAh does the trick for smartphones and the like. As long as you know its limitations, you’ll be happy with your investment.
So, who walked away as the best power bank? We have to give it to RAVPower. Their 30000mAh Power Bank is just too convenient to pass up. It’s an absolute must-have for anyone who travels. And its handy power outlet makes it worth the higher price tag.
Don’t get us wrong, though. Both the Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 and PowerCore 5000 have their places. They each performed remarkably well in our testing, surpassing our expectations across the board. If you’re not one who travels often or ever needs a power outlet at all times, both Anker power banks should serve you well.