If you’re a student or working professional, there may be times when you won’t have access to a wall socket to charge your devices. In such cases, having a power bank with you can be a lifesaver.
Nowadays, you can get power banks as large as 30,000 mAh, which means that you can charge your phones several times over with just one full charge. In this comparison of Ravpower vs. Aukey, we will be reviewing two 20,000 mAh power banks, one from each brand.
The two power bank specifications compared in this review will have very similar battery capacities. However, they will also include a set of pros and cons that will make each of these power banks a more attractive purchase to certain people based on individual requirements.
Ravpower PD Pioneer 20000 mAh Power Bank
This power bank from Ravpower comes with a 20,000 mAh capacity. This means that you can charge most modern flagship phones more than four times on a single full charge.
An excellent feature offered by this power bank is that it can also charge your laptop. While most power banks do not recommend charging bigger devices like laptops, you can easily hook up your Macbook Pro to this device and get to work.
The power bank is equipped with a Power Delivery (PD) port and a Quick Charge (QC) port, which means it is easy to charge both your phone and laptop at the same time. You do not have to compromise on speed either, as the power bank is capable of Quick Charging two devices simultaneously.
The power bank’s large capacity does not require long charging times. You can fully charge the power bank in just two and a half hours using a 30 W charger. However, this charger is not included in the package.
Advanced charging guards are present within the power bank. This technology ensures that overcurrent or overheating issues will not damage the device.
- Brand: Ravpower
- Color: Black
- Battery capacity: 20,000 mAh
- Input: Single, 30 watts
- Output: Dual, 60 watts + 18 watts
- Item dimensions: 5.98 x 2.64 x 0.98 inches
- This is one of the very few options on the market that offers charging for laptops and phones.
- Fast charging your phone and laptop at the same time is possible with this power bank, due to the simultaneous dual PD and QC output.
- Advanced Charging Guard technology ensures that overheating does not occur because of overcharging.
- It takes less than three hours to fully charge the power bank with a 30-watt adapter, which means that you can have several days worth of charge in just a few hours.
- The power bank does not come with the 30-watt adapter, so you will need to purchase one separately.
- There are no options to charge multiple phones at the same time because of the limited number of ports.
- The power bank is much more expensive than the Aukey alternative.
Aukey PB-N93 20000 mAh Power Bank
With 100% Silicon Nanowire Technology included in the power bank, this device maximizes the inclusion of active silicon, which in turn increases conductivity. The large 20,000 mAh capacity also ensures that you can charge your devices multiple times over.
With this power bank, you can charge up to three devices at once. The presence of 2 USB-A ports and one USB-C port for fast charging ensures that three mobile phones can be connected to the power bank.
The power bank also has multiple input options, and you can use both USB-C and Micro USB to charge it. A charger is not included in the package, and you will have to purchase an adapter separately. However, you do receive a USB A-to-C converter included in the package.
Another great feature of this power bank is the compact design. The design includes anti-slip texture on the surface that lets you store and handle the device more comfortably. This power bank is definitely the better option when it comes to portability.
- Brand: Aukey
- Color: Black
- Battery capacity: 20,000 mAh
- Input: Double, Micro USB, USB-C
- Output: Triple, USB-A (2), USB-C (Fast Charging)
- The power bank’s slim design makes it extremely portable, which is perfect for carrying in your bag or even your pocket.
- Three different devices can be charged at the same time, which is one more than the Ravpower alternative.
- Effective use of active silicon ensures a long life cycle for the device.
- The available power ratio and size of the power bank is very large.
- It is not advised to charge your laptop while using this power bank.
- Charging can take much longer compared to the Ravpower option.
The Bottom Line
While Ravpower and Aukey are both excellent brands, their high-capacity power banks include several pros and cons that make them suitable for different types of needs. While both of these power banks include a 20,000 mAh capacity, there are some specification differences.
If you want a compact power bank that can charge multiple phones or lower capacity devices at the same time, the Aukey power bank would be the better fit for you. However, if you want to charge your Macbook and phone together, and need a power bank that charges quickly, you could opt for the Ravpower option.
We hope that this article about Ravpower vs. Aukey has helped you make an informed decision about which power bank to choose. Please check out our other comparisons and informational articles on WattzUpPower!