Aukey vs Anker. Both of these brands deliver some truly exceptional portable chargers. In this guide, we will help you decide which one is better suited to your needs. After you have read through our reviews, be sure to stick around to see who wins between Aukey vs Anker.
Is Aukey the Same as Anker?
Aukey vs Anker. While the two sound similar, they are in fact quite different. With that being said, you can look forward to getting similar quality and performance our of both brands.
As you will soon discover, consumers trust both Aukey and Anker to provide for their needs. When it comes to Anker vs Aukey, you can expect to get quality electronics that are built to last. Let’s explore some more to see which one is right for your needs.
In the end, we will declare the winner of the two to see who came out on top between Anker and Aukey. You might be surprised at the outcome.
Is Aukey a Chinese Company?
Aukey is actually a German company that relocated to China. Founded in 2005, Aukey relocated in order to expand their business. This was a necessary move, as they had to grow to keep up with the demand from consumers.
This move has proved successful, as Aukey is now one of the leading portable charger manufacturers in the world. They consistently deliver top-rated power banks that perform well and are affordable to consumers.
Is Anker a Chinese Company?
Yes, Anker is a Chinese company located in Shenzhen, China. Founded in 2011, Aukey clearly has the experience in the Aukey vs Anker battle. This hasn’t affected Anker, however. Like their competition, Anker continually pumps out high-quality products.
Their power banks are often praised online for their construction and performance. Our hope is that this guide will help you determine which brand is right for you.
Is Anker a Good Company?
Anker is no stranger to success. They consistently rate high among consumers with their large variety of high quality products. Amazon alone is home to thousands of 4 and 5 star reviews.
It doesn’t take much research to see that they are able to continually deliver quality portable chargers at reasonable prices. Anker also never stops innovating. Their power banks continue to keep up with new technology, ensuring consumers that they are investing in cutting edge products.
Whether you need a portable charger for your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, you can count on Anker to provide you with high quality electronics.
We have compared Anker vs RAVPower in the past. Both performed admirably, so we figured we’d look at Anker vs Aukey today to see who reigns supreme.
We had a lot of fun testing out these power banks. They all performed well and impressed us with their features and user-friendliness. Power banks are becoming a necessary part of our everyday lives. If you haven’t yet decided who is better between Anker vs RAVPower, we hope this Aukey vs Anker review will help you choose the best power banks for your needs.
1. Anker PowerCore 13000 – Best Overall Option
The Anker PowerCore 13000 portable charger is a compact power bank that is ideal for travel. Its small size makes it easy to carry with you wherever you go. We love how convenient it is to throw this power bank in your backpack or purse.
The Anker PowerCore 13000 power bank charges up your favorite gadgets and gizmos quickly and efficiently. Thanks to VoltageBoost fast charging, you can look forward to less wait time and more use. And with PowerIQ on board, you never have to worry about your electronics getting fried.
This handy tech makes sure that your device gets only the power it needs as it recharges. This way there’s no concern for overcharging. This is a big plus that is necessary when charging our electronic devices.
If your smartphone or tablet still uses micro USB, this is the portable charger for you. The Anker PowerCore 13000 comes equipped with a micro USB charging port, as well as two traditional USB ports. You should have no trouble charging up your devices.
As a nice bonus, you can even charge up 2 devices at the same time. If you have a family, this feature is ideal for long trips in the car. There shouldn’t be any fighting over who uses the power bank.
If you need to charge up a device that uses USB-C, you’ll need to invest in a special adapter. Thankfully, these are pretty cheap and shouldn’t set you back very much.
While VoltageBoost does deliver fast charging, it’s important to note that Quick Charge isn’t supported. If your device has that technology, this power bank will only charge using VoltageBoost.
- PowerIQ – This feature ensures that your devices get the proper amount of charging power without fear of overcharging or overheating them. This is a necessity in providing your smartphones and tablets with the power they need for safe charging.
- VoltageBoost – With this feature, you can look forward to fast charging times across your favorite gadgets. This is a must-have for those who rely on their smartphone or tablet throughout the day for work.
- Micro USB Cable – Anker includes a micro-USB cable with the PowerCore 13000. Where many power bank brands omit a charging cable, Anker gives it to you with this portable charger.
- No USB-C Port – You won’t find the newer USB-C available on the Anker PowerCore 13000. If you want to charge your USB-C devices, you’ll need to invest in a special adapter.
2. Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 – Upgrade Option
The Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank is a heavy duty portable charger. This powerful unit is capable of providing you with battery life quickly and efficiently. You get access to both a USB-A port, as well as a USB-C port. This allows you to keep your latest hardware powered up while you’re on the go.
Where this Anker power bank really shines is in its ability to charge up your devices faster than standard battery charger. How is this possible? Anker uses technology called Power Delivery. This handy feature ensures that you don’t have to wait around as long for your devices to power up.
We like that Anker includes a USB-C charging cable with this fast charging portable charger. Not only that, but you also get a handy Anker wall charger block. This innovative 1-inch wall charger gives you lightning fast charging times on your power bank.
You can look forward to the Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank recharging in as little as 7 hours. If you travel often and rely on your devices for work or personal use, the Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank is right up your alley. It has the necessary power you need for a reliable portable power charger.
While the Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank isn’t quite powerful enough to charge up a laptop, you can easily and quickly charge up all of your family’s smartphones and tablets. During our tests, we were blown away by how fast this powerful unit worked.
You can charge up both micro USB devices, as well as USB-C. As you can see so far in the battle of Anker vs Aukey, Anker has some tough competition to beat. This power bank is well made and reliable. You want a power bank that you can trust while you’re away from the house, and Anker gives you just that.
The Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank consistently performed well and didn’t disappoint in its power delivery. We appreciate that you can charge micro USB using an adapter if need be, as many people still use micro USB in their daily devices.
- Power Delivery – This power bank technology gives you fast charging capabilities on most of your smartphones and tablets. There are, however, some devices that aren’t compatible with this power bank feature.
- USB-C to USB-C – Thanks to this handy cable, you get everything you need to start charging up your newer USB-C devices. Whereas many portable power bank chargers don’t include this cable, Anker throws it in with the PowerCore Essential 20000.
- 18-Month Warranty – Many portable power banks come with a 12-month warranty. But the Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank comes with an impressive 18 months.
- A Bit Pricey – You’re going to pay a bit more for the PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank. But you’re also getting a lot, too. This includes Anker’s PowerPort III Nano One wall charger block. This little wall charger is impressive for its compact but powerful size.
We’ve looked at Anker vs RAVPower in the past. Now it’s time to compare Anker vs Aukey. Let’s see how Aukey fares when pitted against Anker.
3. Aukey 10000mAh Portable Charger – Value Option
If you’re on a budget, there’s no need to spend a fortune for portable power banks. Sure, this Aukey portable charger is tiny. But it has enough power to keep your devices juiced up and running.
Plus, that’s what makes this Aukey entry so highly sought after. Its compact size makes it a breeze to carry around with you. It’s ideal for hiking, walking, running, or biking. While it’s true that this Aukey power bank is a bit under-powered, it is designed for single day use.
You wouldn’t want to rely on this little Aukey to provide power to your whole family, for instance. We would recommend a beefier power bank for something like that. Instead, this Aukey portable charger is better suited for trips away from the house for a day, or while you’re at work.
It can’t charge up a laptop, but smartphones and tablets are no big deal. It should be noted that most high-end tablets can only recharge to around 75% before needing to recharge the portable charger.
So while it is somewhat limited in its use, to those who understand its limitations, you will be plenty pleased with its performance. And for as affordable as this portable charger is, it is built really well. It’s a solid little unit that will serve you well with the proper care.
Perhaps most impressive of all is the fact that you get USB-A, micro USB, and USB-C ports at the ready. You should never be without a way to charge up while you’re away from the house.
Just slip this portable charger into your bag or back pocket and you’ll be all set. It’s about the same size as a small smartphone, so it doesn’t take up much real estate at all.
When you consider its incredible price, everyone should keep this portable charger in their glove box or center console for emergencies.
We like that Aukey still provides the somewhat outdated micro USB for older devices. Micro USB is still widely used among consumers, so this addition is important. Micro USB will likely be around for a few more years until it’s completely upgraded to USB-C.
- Plenty of Ports – Aukey provides you with USB-A, USB-C, and micro USB ports. This power bank ensures that you have the ports you need to charge up a variety of electronic devices. Where many devices are upgrading from micro USB to USB-C, Aukey ensures that you have them both.
- 10000mAh – This capacity ensures that you can easily charge up all of your favorite everyday devices, like smartphones and tablets. You need a power bank that can provide you with enough power to get you through the day, and this power bank does just that.
- LED Indicator – This feature readily displays the remaining battery life left on the portable power bank. This is handy for when you’re traveling so you always know how much power you’re carrying.
- Limited Charging – This Aukey portable charger can charge most smartphones a couple of times on a single charge. However, there are some tablets that can only charge to about 75% on a single charge.
4. Aukey Omnia – Alternative Option
When comparing Aukey vs Anker, it’s important to consider all of your options. Aukey power bank models are everywhere you look, but this entry is somewhat in a league of its own. Think of it as a portable wall charger block. This wall charger is unique in that it has both USB-A and USB-C ports.
Simply plug in the wall charger along with a charging cable to directly charge up your devices. The wall charger also holds its own charge. This allows the wall charger to be packed around with you or portable power on the go.
As we looked into Aukey vs Anker, it became clear that this wall charger from Aukey was quite possibly the best bargain among our reviews. While it isn’t a true portable charger due to its wall charger feature, it’s pretty close. You can still charge up micro USB devices using the USB-A port.
And newer USB-C devices are no sweat either thanks to the USB-C port. You’re getting the best of both worlds here. In Aukey vs any other brand, Aukey definitely gets the nod here for innovation and convenience.
Aukey power banks are notable for their fast charging feature, and this power bank wall charger is no different. You can look forward to fast charging your devices, allowing you to enjoy your favorite devices without all the wait time. Fast charging is also ideal for long car rides and heavy use.
It’s important to note that this isn’t a true power bank. Aukey decided to deliver an alternative option in this power bank wall charger. The end result is a handy and convenient entry that will serve you well in your everyday use. Aukey blew us away with the Omnia.
It has the power you need to power up most of your electronic devices. You can use either micro USB or USB-C for greater versatility.
- GaNFast – Thanks to the use of gallium nitride, you can look forward to faster charging across your electronic devices. What is even more incredible is that Aukey was able to provide this kind of charging power in a device no bigger than that of a typical charging block.
- Dynamic Detect – This amazing technology outputs the USB-C port to 65 watts. Furthermore, you can use both the USB-C and USB-A at 45 watts whenever they are used at the same time.
- Safe – Aukey includes protective safeguards that prevent the charger from overheating, short circuiting, or overcharging. Power banks need this feature to ensure safe charging. Aukey made sure that you can trust their power banks to give you reliable charging that won’t zap your devices.
- Requires Quality Cord – You’ll need to provide your own cable as one is not included. Not only that, the cord needs to be high-quality. Not just any will do, specifically thin, cheap charging cables.
Which Power Bank Is the Best?
So, who gets the win between Aukey vs Anker? We loved testing both brands out. Anker always delivers fine power banks. Anker is one of those brands that has positioned themselves as a top seller, and for good reason. And yet Aukey also makes some truly fine power banks.
We appreciate that Aukey makes a great alternative power bank option for consumers. But in the end, only one can stand tall between Aukey vs Anker. We believe that Anker power banks are the most reliable. They consistently deliver excellent performance among their power banks.
The Anker PowerCore 13000 impressed us the most with its performance and price. Anker just makes too many top-rated power banks for consumers. You can always trust their power banks to deliver the goods in charging your devices.
What power bank did you like the most? Did you prefer Anker over Aukey, or Aukey over Anker?