Are you considering purchasing a Blackweb portable charger? Then you need to read our reviews first. We take a close look at their top-performers to help you determine which one is right for you. Find out if they are worthy of your attention, or if you’re better off investing in a different brand.
Is Blackweb a Good Portable Charger?
Blackweb is a Wal-Mart-branded line of electronics that focuses on popular gadgets like keyboards, mice, and portable battery chargers. There are pros and cons to investing in a Blackweb device. By and large, their chargers are quite good. However, support is somewhat limited.
All Blackweb products are either sold directly in Wal-Mart’s brick-and-mortar and online stores, or Amazon. If you have an issue with the device you purchased, you’ll have to go through Wal-Mart for support of any kind.
If this isn’t an issue for you, Blackweb’s portable chargers are quite solid. They are nicely made and performed really well in all of our testing. If there were more support for these devices, Blackweb would be even better.
How Long Does a Blackweb Portable Charger Last?
This largely depends on the model you buy. The higher the mAh rating, the longer it’s going to last throughout the day. We were able to get plenty of juice over the course of a couple days with the 20100mAh power bank chargers. Portable 10000mAh chargers, on the other hand, usually need to be recharged at the end of the day.
Bear in mind that we were charging consistently throughout the day, so your mileage may vary based on your use of the power bank device. You can expect your Blackweb portable charger to last less time based on the amount of charges used each day.
How Do You Know When a Blackweb Portable Charger Is Fully Charged?
Different power bank models vary in communicating this. Some are equipped with LED lights that increase in number as the power bank charges. One charger we reviewed comes with an LED indicator that displays the percentage of the battery charging, as well as a single charging light.
How Long Does It Take to Charge Blackweb?
Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to this. Some models give you faster charges compared to others based on their battery capacity. On average, though, you should expect between 5 and 10 hours for your Blackweb portable charger to fully top off its internal battery.
Additionally, if you’re using a standard USB cable to charge your portable charger, you can expect to wait much longer. Using a USB-C charging cable always charges your battery much faster.
1. Blackweb BWC18WI101 – Best Overall Option
For our first battery charger, we’re taking a look at the BWC18WI101. This is a really nice power bank charger that will serve you well in your portable charging needs. We tested several smartphones and tablets, and even a Nintendo Switch. The 101 performed admirably, giving us excellent charges when we needed it.
We like that the 101 lets you charge two devices at the same time, reducing fights over the power bank when siblings need to charge up their gadgets and gizmos.
You get access to two USB-A ports, as well as a micro-USB. There’s also a handy USB-C adapter included with the 101 that opens up even more charging possibilities. You’ll find that USB-C will charge your battery up much faster.
At 20100mAh, we found this device to provide plenty of battery power to popular, everyday electronics. You certainly won’t want to use this for charging laptops. But then again, the 101 is not really rated for such use. As long as you understand the limitations of the device, you should be quite pleased with this Blackweb portable charger.
As a nice bonus, Blackweb includes a USB-C to USB-C cord, as well as a USB-C to USB-A cord. The only drawback to these is that they are really short, measuring in at 1 foot each. Still, they’re nice additions that come in handy for charging a litany of devices.
- 20100mAh – The battery capacity of this charger is really good, providing you with plenty of juice for all kinds of electronic devices.
- Included Adapters – Thanks to the inclusion of 2 USB adapters, you’ll have no trouble charging up all of your everyday electronic devices. Whereas many power bank brands leave it up to you to provide your own cables, Blackweb gets a big thumbs up from us for throwing these in.
- Simultaneous Charging – This is especially useful for families with kids. Being able to charge two devices at the same time reduces fighting and comes in handy during long car rides.
- Short Cords – While it’s nice to see the addition of USB adapters, they are, in fact, quite short. If you’re already using a short charger cable as it is, this can make it difficult to charge up your devices while you’re in a vehicle.
2. Blackweb BWA18WI049 – Upgrade Option
Are you looking for more versatility in your charger? Portable power banks come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with this device being one of the larger ones. This is because it comes equipped with Quick Charge capabilities, allowing you to get more use out of your electronic devices.
There’s definitely a lot less waiting when charging a battery with the 049. This hefty power bank device comes with two USB charging ports, as well as a USB-C port. You will need a special adapter if you want to charge devices that use the now antiquated micro-USB. Fortunately, Blackweb includes a handy adapter for this very purpose.
We like that the 049 comes with an LED charging indicator. This displays the percentage of charges remaining, making it easy to tell how much longer you have to wait.
The 049 lets you power more than one device at the same time, just like its 101 sibling. While this model isn’t quite as portable as the latter, it’s still compact enough to pack around with you. It fits easily into a purse or backpack. We like keeping it in the center console of our car for quick access during travel.
If you want a thick, durable, and rugged portable charger, you should be happy investing in the 049. It’s especially useful to users who own devices that are USB-C-friendly. You’ll likely only ever need to use the micro-USB adapter to charge up friends’ devices.
- USB/USB-C- We like that there are plenty of ports on the 049. This makes it easy to charge up more than one device at a time. Anyone with kids knows how handy this feature is when you’re stuck in the car for hours at a time.
- 20100mAh – For all of your everyday electronic items, this battery capacity is more than enough to provide the power you need throughout the day. While you can’t charge laptops with the 049, it’s perfect for cell phones and tablets.
- Quick Charge- This is a handy addition that lets you power up your favorite devices with much less wait-time. We found it to work on some electronic devices, but not all.
- Pricey – You’re going to pay a bit more for the updated USB-C charging port and LED feature. But when it comes to convenience, can you really put a price on it?
3. Blackweb BWA19WI102 – Value Option
If you’re looking to save as much as you can, Blackweb has a nice 10000mAh portable charger that’s considerably lower in price. Sure, it’s a bit under-powered compared to the previous two entries. But if you’re only charging your battery periodically throughout the day, this should serve you well.
Thanks to USB-C and Lightning connectivity, you can charge the latest devices. Bear in mind that doing this requires the use of a special adapter. But thankfully, it is included with the 102. It’s pretty short, so make sure your charging cable is long enough to provide for your needs.
We were able to effortlessly charge up cell phones, just remember that you’re dealing with a lot less capacity. You get the ever-handy Power Delivery mode that lets you charge up certain devices a lot faster. Even better, the price is considerably lower than the previous entries.
- Slim – Measuring in at about the same size as your typical smartphone, the 102 is perfect for travel. It doesn’t take up much space and is easy to pack around with you wherever you go.
- Included Adapters – This handy addition allows you to charge newer devices that make use of the USB-C. You still get access to micro-USB and USB-A, so you should have no trouble charging what you need, when you need to.
- Affordable – We love the price of this compact power bank. The 102 might have a lower battery capacity, but the price more than makes up for it.
- 10000mAh – Admittedly, you’re limiting yourself on your charging capabilities. But if you understand that this isn’t meant for heavy use, you should be pleased with the 102.
In the end, our top pick goes to the Blackweb BWC18WI101. We were able to easily charge several unique devices. From smartphones to a Nintendo Switch, the 101 handles charging like a champ. It never struggled to provide us with power when we needed it, and the battery lasted well over two days.
Sure, you have to use special adapters to make use of USB-C charging, but this is only a minor inconvenience. The size is nice and compact, and the price isn’t unreasonable. For the money, the 101 is a solid performer that should serve you well.
With that being said, if your devices are mostly USB-C, the 049 is a great buy, as well. You won’t have to mess with special adapter cables, and the LED indicator is a nice addition. The 049 provides plenty of power, although it is a bit bulkier in size.