The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a remarkable smartphone. To ensure that you are getting the most out of its fast charging capabilities, you want to make sure you invest in the proper power bank charger. To make your life easier, we have compiled the top portable chargers for the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Which Power Bank Is Best for Samsung S8?
One of the better inventions to come out that makes use of the ever-handy power bank is that of backpacks with charging capabilities. These practical portable power packs provide plenty of power while you’re on the go. Now you can easily carry all of your gadgets and keep them charged up in the process.
How Many mAh Does It Take to Charge a Galaxy S8?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 comes packed with a battery that has 3000mAh capacity. As long as you have a comparable power bank, you’ll be able to sufficiently recharge your Galaxy S8 without issue.
The S8 is also capable of supporting Samsung’s Adaptive Fast-Charging. This requires a 15-watt Type-C USB charging block or power bank.
To get the best charging performance in your Galaxy S8, you’ll want to invest in a power bank charger that either has a minimum of 3000mAh battery capacity, 15-watt output, or both.
How Do I Get My Galaxy S8 to Charge Fast?
Backpacks with chargers typically have a USB charging port on the outside for easy access to all of your devices. This allows you to use your smartphone, tablet, or other applicable devices as they charge up while you’re on the move. It’s a convenient way to get the most out of your portable electronic devices without fear of running low on power.
1. RAVPower PD 15000 – Best Overall Option
For the money, RAVPower delivers our top pick as the best charger overall for the Samsung S8. We tried out many power banks but kept coming back to this one when we needed to top off our devices. It’s one of the slimmest, most compact power banks available for the S8. And yet it delivers exceptional charging performance.
The PD 15000 is equipped with a USB-C charging port. This allows you to get the fastest recharge times when charging up the portable charger. Although we have to admit, we did miss not having a micro-USB charging port.
While it’s true that a USB-C port is loads better, we like the option of having micro-USB in case it’s the only cord available in a pinch.
For charging up your electronic devices, you get a single USB-A charging port. Obviously, 2 would have been better for dual charging. But this isn’t as big of a deal as it might seem. This is because you can use the USB-C charging port to charge up a secondary device.
The USB-C port is usually reserved for charging power banks. But RAVPower opted to deliver a unique portable charger that provides the user with convenience and efficiency. This makes it one of our favorite portable chargers, as it’s incredibly handy to have around.
We also love the amazingly compact size of this portable charger. It’s a cinch to carry around in your pocket, as you barely even notice it’s there. It’s the best size for traveling on foot or by bicycle.
The RAVPower PD 15000 is portable charging done right. It’s one of the best power banks that money can buy, delivering exceptional performance at all times. The price is also very reasonable. You’re not only getting one of the best portable chargers around, but you’re also getting it at an affordable price.
If you want a reliable charger that comes with great features and solid performance, this is your best bet.
- iSmart USB-C Port – Thanks to this handy feature, you can use the charging port that’s usually reserved for power banks to charge up a secondary device at the same time. Now you can charge your Samsung S8 along with another smartphone or tablet.
- Numerical LED Indicator – Most portable chargers have simplistic LED lights that let you know when the battery is completely charged. But the RAVPower PD 15000 comes equipped with a full numerical LED display. Now there’s no guessing how much battery power you have remaining.
- Power Delivery Charging – This ensures that your devices charge up faster than ever. If you’re often in a rush to get out the door and on the go, this is the best feature for your needs. You can look forward to less downtime and more using your devices.
- No Wall Charger Included – You’ll have to supply your own wall charger if you want to charge up the power bank. This isn’t really a big deal, though, as most power banks omit this accessory. Most of us have plenty of these lying around the house anyway.
2. Anker PowerCore+ – Upgrade Option
If you want to get the absolute best charging out of your Samsung Galaxy S8, then the Anker PowerCore+ power bank charger is just what the doctor ordered. This hefty portable power bank boasts an incredible 15 watts of charging power. And with plenty of other great features, you’ll find this to be an excellent companion to your Galaxy S8.
Thanks to fast charging and plenty of wattages, you can look forward to charging up your S8 in record time. As one of the bigger power banks we reviewed, the Anker PowerCore+ certainly isn’t the most compact portable charger for the Galaxy S8. But considering its amazing charging power, this is only a small caveat to deal with.
To recharge the PowerCore+, it comes equipped with a USB-C port. This ensures that you’ll be able to juice up your power bank charger in as little time as possible. In fact, using the USB-C port will recharge this power bank in about 3 hours.
If you’re constantly on the go, you’ll find this feature to come in quite handy. You’re also getting Anker’s trusty MultiProtect feature that ensures you never have to worry about your Galaxy S8 getting zapped while it is charging up.
Not only that, but Anker also equipped the PowerCore+ with advanced trickle charging technology. This is important in charging your Samsung S8, as it prevents it from getting too much or too little power as it is recharging. This is a must-have feature for any power bank charger, especially one that’s going to be charging up a high-end device like the Galaxy S8.
So powerful and mighty is the PowerCore+, it can even charge up laptops that make use of the power bank’s USB-C port. This is all thanks to its huge, 26800mAh battery capacity. With versatility like this at your command, you’ll always have plenty of power for all of your favorite electronic devices.
Now, it’s important to mention that the PowerCore+ is a bit on the steep side when compared to other portable power banks. That said, you are definitely getting your money’s worth here.
Included with the power bank charger is a USB-C to USB-C charging cable, a massive 60-watt wall charger for fast charging, a travel pouch, and an 18-month warranty. You’re getting everything you need to start charging up your devices right away.
It’s reliable, solid, and never missed a beat during our tests. You’ll pay a bit more, sure. But you can’t beat performance and power like this.
- 26800mAh Battery Capacity – This huge battery capacity ensures that you’ll be able to charge up a whole lot more than just your Galaxy S8. From laptops to Nintendo Switch game consoles, the PowerCore+ handles it all with ease. Combined with its 45-watt charging power, you’re investing in a reliable power bank that delivers phenomenal charging capabilities.
- Fast Charging – Anker gives you a power bank charger that delivers lightning-fast charging speeds. You can look forward to charging up your Samsung S8 in record time. Not only that, but this feature is compatible with many other devices, as well.
- MultiProtect – When charging up your expensive electronic devices, you can’t afford to invest in a power bank charger that doesn’t offer protection. With MultiProtect, you never have to worry about power surges or short-circuiting. Recharge with the confidence that your devices are always protected from potential damage.
- Expensive – You’re going to pay more for the Anker PowerCore+. But you’re also getting one truly impressive power bank. Charge 2 devices at the same time, recharge with fast charging and charge up laptops. With this kind of performance and versatility, you are sure to get your money’s worth.
3. Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 – Value Option
The Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 power bank is a handy little portable charger. We like that it comes equipped with both USB-C and micro-USB charging ports for recharging the power bank. If you don’t have one handy, you can always fall back on the other to keep your portable charger juiced up and ready to go.
We also love the slim design and construction of this portable charger power bank. It’s incredibly compact, making it a breeze to pack with you on trips. It’s also ideal for when you’re traveling on foot or by bike. Its lightweight body makes it barely noticeable when you’re carrying it around.
Recharge times are quick and snappy with the PowerCore Slim 10000. While it doesn’t have enough wattage to make use of Samsung’s Adaptive Fast-Charging, it does have its own PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology. These two combine to work together and give you fast charging in all of your devices.
During our testing of the PowerCore Slim 10000, we found its quick charging abilities to rival that of Samsung’s Adaptive Fast-Charging. It’s not quite as fast, but it sure gets the job done in a respectable fashion. The Galaxy S8 charges up quickly and efficiently thanks to Anker’s technology.
At about the same size as a traditional smartphone, the PowerCore Slim 10000 is the perfect companion for your Samsung Galaxy. Other power banks are big and bulky. But this one is just the right size. It easily slips into your back pocket, giving you a compact and highly-portable power bank charger for all of your daily activities.
While the PowerCore Slim 10000 does indeed make use of both a micro-USB and USB-C port, we recommend using the USB-C port when recharging the power bank.
Micro-USB is handy and all, but it’s really slow compared to USB-C. Older versions didn’t yet have a USB-C port for charging the portable charger, so this is a nice addition to see.
As far as charging up your favorite devices, you get access to a single USB-A charging port. True, you can only charge one device at a time, but given the low price, this is to be expected.
As portable chargers go, we were plenty pleased with what this power bank brought to the table. It’s very affordable, well-made, attractive, and it performed well in all of our tests. We can’t recommend it enough.
- Trickle Charging – This handy feature serves to ensure that your Samsung and other devices don’t overcharge. Every device gets the optimal amount of power as it recharges, providing you with clean, efficient charging at all times.
- PowerIQ/VoltageBoost – Thanks to these two technologies, you can look forward to speedy recharge times across all of your devices and gadgets. This worked well in our tests, charging up the Samsung Galaxy in little time.
- Protection – Anker’s MultiProtect ensures that all of your devices are protected from short-circuiting, power surges, and other menacing issues. You can rest assured that your Samsung S8 will recharge safely, quickly, and efficiently.
- One Charging Port – You get 2 charging ports (USB-C and micro-USB) for recharging the power bank itself. But you only get one charging port (USB-A) for recharging your devices. If you absolutely must have dual-charging, we recommend checking out something like Anker’s PowerCore+ (above).
So, what was the best power bank for Samsung’s Galaxy S8? Each one performed remarkably well in all of our tests. But in the end, our pick went to RAVPower’s PD 15000. It’s the most ideal portable charger for the S8, delivering exceptional charging performance.
Plus, the ability to use the USB-C port as a secondary charging port is the icing on the cake. If you’re looking for the best portable power charging option for the S8, the PD 15000 is it.