Have you been looking for the best Nexus 6P car charger? We’ve got you covered! Join us as we review and rank the best car chargers you can buy for your Nexus 6P. Each entry we tested performed remarkably well. But which one is best suited for your needs? Let’s move on to find out!
Which Car Charger Is Best for the Nexus 6P?
To answer this question, we have to find out what kind of battery the Nexus 6P comes with and factor that into the equation. Upon inspection, we discovered that the 6P comes with a 3450mAh battery.
So in order to ensure that each entry made the grade, the car chargers had to be able to support the kind of power needed to safely charge up the Nexus 6P. And that’s exactly what you’ll find in our reviews. You don’t have to worry about overcharging or overheating your Nexus 6P.
Can a Car Charger Fast-Charge My Nexus 6P?
This depends on the manufacturer of the car charger. The best car chargers do indeed come equipped with their own technology that allows for faster charging. Take Anker’s PowerDrive 2 car charger, for example. It uses Anker’s PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology.
These combine to deliver the fastest – and safest – charging speeds to your Nexus 6P. If the car charger is outfitted to provide safe fast charging, you can look forward to faster charging speeds when using the car charger.
If you absolutely must have faster charging technology in your car charger, we recommend researching each brand and model to make sure it comes with this feature. Just make sure that you always use a reliable Type-C USB-C charging cable.
Is It Safe to Charge My Nexus 6P With a Car Charger?
Back in the day, this was a common concern for cell phone users. There have been many stories of car chargers overcharging batteries in cell phones. We’ve personally witnessed more than one mobile phone’s battery explode as a result of the car charger overcharging it.
Fortunately, today’s best car chargers are equipped with safety standards to ensure that this kind of thing doesn’t happen. Now, that’s not to say that all car charger brands and models are perfectly safe to use. But we can assure you that the ones we tested are.
You won’t have to worry about exploding batteries or zapped devices. To understand why this is, let’s move on to explore the features that these chargers come with.
1. Anker PowerDrive 2 Car Charger – Best Overall Option
Anker is a reliable brand that produces some of the best power banks and accessories. So it’s little surprise that their car charger is no different. The PowerDrive 2 is an exceptional car charger that consistently provided us with safe charging in all of our tests.
Thanks to PowerIQ and VoltageBoost, you can look forward to speedy recharge times with your Nexus 6P. These two proprietary technologies deliver the fastest charging times you need when you’re traveling in your car.
Not only that, but you’re also getting Anker’s MultiProtect feature. This ensures that your Nexus 6P charges up safely and efficiently. You’ll never have to worry about your devices overcharging or getting damaged.
We appreciate that Anker equipped this car charger with 2 USB-A charging ports. Regardless of whether your devices are USB Type-C, micro-USB, or Lightning, you can charge them up safely and in any combination using the 2 provides charging ports.
We also love the quality of this car charger. It’s really well-built, providing you with a solid, sturdy, and sleek-looking charger for the Nexus 6P.
For the price of a couple of Cafe Lattes from Starbucks, this charger can be yours. It’s safe, reliable, and delivers quick charging speeds. For the price, it’s the best car charger for the Nexus 6P.
You don’t get a Type-C USB-C charging cable with the car charger, but that’s usually the case. Just use your own USB-C charging cable with the car charger and you’ll be all set.
- MultiProtect – This technology makes sure that your devices never get too much power while they are charging. It serves to keep your Nexus 6P safe. But it also works to provide your devices with just the right amount of power for fast, even charging.
- PowerIQ/VoltageBoost – As mentioned, these two work together to deliver safe, faster charging times. You can look forward to topping off your Nexus 6P and other devices in record time. With faster charging speeds, you can get back to using your devices.
- Dual-Charging – Two charging ports enable you to charge up 2 devices at the same time. Now there’s no reason to fight over who gets to charge up their device. This is ideal for long rides in the car with family, friends, or co-workers.
- No Cable – You’ll have to provide your own USB Type-C charging cable, but this isn’t really a big deal (unless you lost yours). Most chargers don’t come with USB-C cables or any other type of cable.
2. HUSSELL Car Charger – Upgrade Option
If you want a car charger that will safely and quickly charge up your Nexus 6P, HUSSELL has you covered. This car charger is sleek and stylish, with bright LED lighting that makes it easy to find the charging ports in the dark.
Your Google Nexus 6P will never overcharge or overheat thanks to preventive technology that keeps your devices safe while they recharge. You can also charge 2 devices at the same time with this car charger. Not only that, but you can look forward to faster charging times in your Nexus.
The build quality is sound, providing you with a solid and sturdy car charger that is sure to last. The price is a bit more than the other units we reviewed. But you’re getting a reliable car charger with Quick Charge 3.0, so it’s understandable that this model costs a bit more.
Just be sure to have your Type-C USB-C charging cable handy. As with most chargers, HUSSELL doesn’t include a USB-C cable with the unit.
- SmartIC– This adaptive technology makes sure that your devices get just the right amount of power when they recharge.
- Quick Charge 3.0 – Quick Charge 3.0 is the best in providing lightning-fast recharge speeds. Thanks to this technology, you can expect the fastest and safest recharging speeds on your Google Nexus 6P. Just provide your own Type-C USB-C charging cable and your device will top off in no time flat.
- Protection – Safely charge your devices using this car charger. You’ll never have to worry about power surges or short-circuiting.
- Pricey – It’s a bit more costly, but you’re getting a wealth of safety features and faster recharging speeds. We would have liked it if a USB Type-C cable was included, but you’ll have to supply your own.
3. iRAG Car Charger – Value Option
On a tight budget? Then you need to give the iRAG car charger a look. This no-frills charger delivers consistent charging in your Nexus without breaking the bank. It’s safe, reliable, and best of all, affordable.
We appreciate the simplicity of this car charger. Simply provide your own USB-C charging cable and you’re good to go. You don’t get a Type-C cable with the car charger, but that to be expected.
And considering the extremely low price, you’re already getting an amazing bargain. So if you don’t already have one, be sure to invest in a reliable USB Type-C for your Nexus, and you’ll be all set.
- Dual-Charging – This handy feature lets you charge up 2 devices at the same time.
- LED – Thanks to this handy addition, you can easily see the charging ports.
- Affordable – The low price is incredible. You can pick this up for the price of a fast-food sandwich.
- No Cable – As with the other entries, you don’t get a USB-C charging cable with the charger.
For the price, Anker gets the nod with its PowerDrive 2 charger. It’s reliable, affordable, and provides safe, consistent charging to your Nexus. what more could you want?